Medicare Agent Licensing
State licensing is the first step to join the Ashford Insurance Group team and become part of their growing Independent Marketing Organization working with many prominent Texas Life & Health insurance carriers.
Steps to Get Your Texas Life & Health License
- Complete a Pre-licensing Course
If you would like to sell insurance in Texas, you must pass a licensing exam. To prepare for the licensing exam, you should take an insurance course. We recommend Kaplan’s Premium Instruction Package or Xcel Solutions online courses. We also now have access to an online training course at no cost, contact us for more information.
- Pass a Licensing Exam
Making Exam Reservations
Pearson VUE provides licensing exams. An exam fee must be paid at the time of reservation by credit card, debit card, voucher, or electronic check. You can make an exam reservation through the following methods:
- Online: Make an online reservation at http://www.pearsonvue.com/tx/insurance at least 24 hours before the desired exam date or 5 days in advance if paying by electronic check
- Phone: (888) 754-7667
- Before you call, you must have the following:
- Legal name, address, Social Security number, daytime phone number, and date of birth
- Name of the exam
- Preferred exam date and test center location
- Before you call, you must have the following:
What to Bring
Two forms of current signature identification:
- A primary ID (photograph and signature, not expired) such as a Driver’s License or Passport
- A secondary ID (signature, not expired) such as a Debit or Credit card
- Report to the test center 30 minutes before the exam to verify identification and be photographed for the score report.
- No personal items are allowed in the testing room such as cell phones, watches, wallets, or purses.
- Studying is not allowed in the test center.
- The test administrator will provide you with materials to make notes or calculations. You may not write on these items before the exam begins or remove these items from the testing room.
- Calculators are permitted only if they are silent, hand-held, nonprinting, and without an alphabetic keypad. Calculators are not provided by the test center staff.
- You will have the opportunity to take a tutorial that will not reduce the exam time.
- Each major line exam is given in a multiple-choice format.
- The exam consists of two parts:
- The general section deals with basic insurance product knowledge
- The state section deals with insurance laws, rules, regulations, and practices that are unique to Texas
- Each exam contains “pretest” questions that are mixed in with the scored questions and are not identified. Pretest questions may not be covered in your educational materials and do not affect your final score!
- The passing score required for each exam is 70%.
- When you complete the exam, you will receive a score report marked “pass or fail”.
- Candidates who fail will receive a score report that includes a numeric score, diagnostic and re-testing information. Candidates can schedule another exam but must wait 24 hours before making the reservation.
Texas Exam Information
General Lines – Life, Accident & Health
2 hrs 30 min
- Get Fingerprinted
Fingerprinting is available at the testing center. You can make an appointment by contacting MorphoTrust, USA at http://www.identogo.com or on the phone at (888) 467-2080.
Service Code: 11G6QF
- Apply for a License
You can apply for your license 24 hours after passing the exam by completing an application at www.sircon.com/texas. The application process must be completed within one year of passing the exam or the exam must be retaken.
5. Purchase E&O insurance (Errors and Omissions coverage)
To receive a discount, use the website – www.napa-benefits.org/uha
6. After receiving the license number and NPN contact Ashford Insurance for carrier contracting.
7. Ongoing Continuing Education: Texas requires 24 hours, including 2 hours of ethics of Continuing Education courses to be completed every two years before your license is renewed.
Texas Department of Insurance
Testing Provider (Pearson VUE)
Ashford Insurance provides licensing information as a courtesy to our future employees. While reasonable attempts have been made to ensure the accuracy of this information, licensees are ultimately responsible for ensuring that they are in compliance with the requirements set forth by their state licensing entity. Ashford Insurance offers no guarantee of the accuracy of this information and will not be held liable in case of non-compliance with the license requirements.
Need help? Call us (817) 952-3153
M-Th 9:00 – 4:00
Fr 9:00 – 12:00
Weekends & Evenings by Appointment
Address 1245 Southridge Court Suite 101, Hurst, TX, 76053